We are now recruiting for two Facebook Group Managers to look after our very active Facebook support group.
What is it?
The Facebook Group Manager is a self-employed, part time position that will require a small amount of time each day to:
- Ensure members are following the rules set for the group
- Approve new members based on set criteria
- Oversee a small team of Facebook moderators
- Generally keep an eye on the group
- Suggest improvements to group procedures
- Good people skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- A collaborative approach to work
- Able to manage own time and workload while lone working
- Ideally a member of our group (though this is not necessary)
5-7 hours per week. This is expected to be cumulative (for example, 30 minutes one day, 90 another). Due to the nature of the work, this is a 365-day-a-year role. We would therefore be happy to consider a job share, with one person working 3 days and another working the remaining 4 days. This is a flexible arrangement and open to discussion. Time off for holidays, etc. is of course available.
A very important job!
Our Facebook group has over 2,100 members and over 2,000 posts and comments every month. It is the cornerstone of our virtual support offering. Ensuring that the group is well looked after is very important.
The pay for Facebook Group Manager is £10.00 per hour. This is a freelance post; hours are invoiced at the end of each month and paid within 7 days of receipt of invoice.
The post holder(s) will be responsible for their own tax, national insurance, etc., and for ensuring this work does not interfere with any benefits that they receive.
The benefits of working with BAS are many. Our staff members have the opportunity to learn new skills and make a real difference to our service users.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 22nd January. You will be notified by email whether or not your application will be taken forward to the interview stage
For further information, or if you have questions about this role, please contact Kate Laine-Toner on email@example.com.