Bristol Autism Support is primarily a face-to-face support organisation. We know that when parents and carers of autistic children come together, worries and fears are quieted and problems get solved quickly. Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have had to suspend all of our support groups and coffee mornings. However, we are working hard to provide as much support as possible to our members.
In order to provide the highest quality support, we ask that people who access our services register with us first. Click here to register. Your details are only used to communicate with you, and we never share them with anyone else.
Most of our membership benefits are to do with coming to in-person meetings. However, we’ve set up a range of perks to help you while you are at home:
- Access to the members only Facebook group
- Email support
- Individual text/WhatsApp support
- The option to join your local WhatsApp group
- Access to telephone appointments and email support
- Access to our befriending scheme
There are other benefits which will kick in once we are back up and running:
- Free goodie bag when you attend your first event
- Access to the BAS Buddy Scheme, a six-week mentoring scheme through which parents/carers who are new to autism will be matched with a volunteer to help them get crucial help and advice
- Access to 1:1 appointments for help with paperwork or a specific issue
- Eligibility for our loyalty scheme – attend 10 events or activities and get a free massage, reflexology or other holistic therapy treatment
- Discounts to our paid events, including our courses
- Access to member-only events
- Be a part of a wonderful community with members that help and looks after each other
Why is this support only limited to members? In November 2019, we became a registered charity. As such, we must provide very general information about the number of people we support, where they live, etc. Limiting support to our members also enables us to focus our attention on a smaller group of people, and in turn means the support is of a higher quality.
Please note, membership is only available to parents and carers (this includes relatives) of autistic children, either diagnosed or suspected. You do not have to live in Bristol to become a member.