8-week Nurture Group for parents/carers of autistic children in Bristol
May 24 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
The aim of the BAS Nurture Group is to bring together parents of children on the autistic spectrum to share their stories, understand and process the emotional impact of their experiences, and find connection and community with others on a similar path.
This is a completely non-judgemental space where you can feel heard and know that you are not alone.
The group will meet for eight weeks on Monday mornings from 10:30am – 12pm on:
24th and 31st May
7th, 14th, 21st and 28th June
5th and 12th July
In the event of a school holiday, the group will collectively decide whether to meet during the holiday or carry on afterwards.
Who is it for?
Parents /carers of autistic children of any age who would like emotional support with coming to terms with having a child on the autistic spectrum. A diagnosis is not required, so please join us even if you are awaiting assessment. The group is Bristol specific and would not be applicable for people living outside the BS postcode/BaNES area.
The sessions will incorporate:
- sharing circles to release, offload and feel heard
- guided exercises to explore and reflect on experiences
- discussions around emerging themes to develop connections with others
- tools and resources for improving mental health now and as the journey unfolds
- nurturing activities to offer comfort and calm and build resilience
- support to continue as an independent group after the eight weeks has finished
Your group leaders
This group will be run by Murmuration Community Therapy which is made up of therapist Naomi Bonger and Poppy Villiers-Stuart, a community worker and mum to a child with additional needs.
- This is a free group; there is no cost to attendees.
- Your group will also keep in touch by either WhatsApp or a private Facebook group between sessions.
- Once you register for this group, we’ll send you an email with some further questions, and you can ask questions of us as well. If you have any questions about this group, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This group is made possible by a grant from The National Lottery.
This is a free event but booking is essential. Please click here to book.
Opting in to our mailing list
Eventbrite unfortunately does not offer a formal opt-in process for us to communicate with you about this event. Therefore, by registering, you agree to opt-in to our mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.