What is BASN?
The Bristol Autism Support Network is a networking group for professionals and organisations that support autistic children and young people in Bristol, and/or their parents and carers. This may be the specific objective of your role/organisation or part of a broader remit in supporting children with a range of disabilities.
This is of course a very wide range of people: charities, CICs and other organisations that provide support, but also teachers, teaching assistants, educational psychologists, play workers and many other roles. We feel everyone has something to offer. Just as all parents of autistic children know something that someone else doesn’t know, all people working within the autism field also have knowledge that is best shared with others.
The goal of the group is to bring people together to share best practice, opportunities to work together and improve efficiencies.
- Regular, free networking events on different topics.
- You will meet people via this network that you may not have the opportunity to meet otherwise.
- It’s a great opportunity to expand your professional network, learn what services and support are available and share your expertise.
- Want to write for us? Our website has around 1,600 unique visitors per month. If you would like to write on a specific autism topic, we’d love to hear from you. We’ll be happy to give you a byline and link to your site.
- Want to collaborate? You will find ample opportunity to connect with other network organisations. Collaboration can bring greater funding opportunities and more comprehensive services for the people you support.
- Have a question? The collective knowledge of the network is vast! Use it to your advantage.
- We have a BASN Facebook group. Please click here to join, or search Facebook for Bristol Autism Support Network.
Join us now
Click the button below to join the Network. We look forward to getting to know you and your work.